Sunday, October 19, 2008

Observations

As I mentioned in a previous post I haven't written much lately because I've been prepping for observations. It's always interesting to see what people are going to see when they get observed. My first lesson was a math lesson, which went surprisingly well, nobody cried, and everyone completed their assignment with success. The second lesson didn't go quite as well. I had students coming in and out of the classroom as is typical. KK had to go the bathroom, MY had to go to the nurse, SH was banging his head against his knee and kicking and screaming. CM had no idea what were doing. This of course is very usual for me to deal with, however these scenarios aren't nearly as big of a production in a your typical general education classroom. It's also an educational experience for our administrators who come into our class because usually they don't have any experience in Special Education and they get to see a very different perspective of high school, from the eyes of our students.

No comments: