Friday, October 24, 2008

Don't make him mad

We've been having some hitting in our class lately and consequences don't really seem to be getting through in the traditional detention etc. So when CM hit BN I was very angry and I told her that she would have to tell our old para Mr. Will what she had done and that he would be very upset with her. At this time SH was in the room and when he heard this he started crying. At first I didn't know what to do, I couldn't even understand why he was crying...yet there he sat sobbing. SH was finally able to fight through his tears to say "CM don't make Mr. Will mad, I don't want him to be mad at you." I giggled to myself as I stole a glance at our para Lara who also was stiffling a giggle. I walked over to SH and explained to him that sometimes people make bad choices and that Mr. Will would forgive CM. He sniffled as I explained this to him and asked for a hug. As I hugged him he mumbled... "Don't make Mr. Will mad."

I just love the compassion I see in my room.

No comments: